After Hours is a an on campus, after school enrichment program designed to provide teens a safe place to unwind, study and connect with friends! It also allows Catalyst Success Coaches to create opportunities for them to discover their gifts and passions.
Students involved in programs like ours are more likely to:
- Graduate and go on to some form of higher education
- Become active in serving their local community
- Step into leadership roles through clubs, sports and other activities
- Develop a healthy confidence in identity, purpose and belonging
This unique program combines some of the best approaches to working with students to enhance their social and emotional development as well as their academic performance.
Current this program operates on the following campuses:
Interested in volunteering or bringing this program to your campus? We'd love to talk to you!
Academy of Awesome
The Academy of Awesome is a series of free classes currently offered through the After Hours program that gives students an opportunity to explore a gift or passion. Taught by volunteer professionals in the community, courses in guitar, film, computer programming, dance, art, are helping students try out new areas of interest with no cost to participate.
83% of our students participating in this program say that Catalyst has given them a chance to explore and develop in areas they never have had a chance to before.
No. We do not give out community service hours for dressing up in a photo booth but we do offer them in other creative ways. In fact, your first 3 community service hours are earned just by completing a self assessment and hanging out with us! After that we will match your gifts, passions and availability with dozens of different opportunities around the Catalyst Collective community to earn hours.
Click the button to the left and tell us how many hours you need and by what date. We will get right back with you.
catalyst Coaching & Purpose Project for Teens
Success coaching = a modern form of mentoring + accountability and encouragement that is designed around an students personal, academic and/or spiritual areas of desired achievement.
In partnership with his Catalyst Collective team of leaders, Joe Elliott and his team offer success coaching for those teens who desire to learn more about how they are wired and what dormant gifts and passions have been buried within them.
The first step is the Catalyst Purpose Project: Express Edition. After completing this short questionnaire, students will schedule a time to sit down 1:1 with a Catalyst Success Coach and gain deeper insight into how they are uniquely made, why it matters and what they can specifically do to develop the passions within them.
Catalyst Purpose Project: Express Edition + Success Coaching 1:1 includes
1 Hour Private Session
Myers Briggs Type Indicator via 16Personalities.com free online test
Interactive assessment of talents, experiences, passions, and other giftings
Basic strategy planning for their next steps in life
To get started, simple click the Green button and start the Purpose Project. Upon completion, our team will contact you to set up a 1:1 coaching session. Coaching sessions can be scheduled in the evening and on weekends and since we are a mobile organization, we can come to you in most cases!
Still have questions? Give us a call at 512-736-7059.
Students can let their voices be heard through Catalyst's weekly live show. 'Let's Taco Bout It' is an open forum, unfiltered discussion by teens about topics they are most interested in. There are 3 ways to get involved.
1. Apply to be on the show! To apply, students need to create and post a 60 second or less video of themselves addressing any topic they want and tag us on Instagram (@catalystcollectiveatx) or Facebook (@catalystcollectiveatx). Students must articulate their opinions clearly, have something intelligent or funny to say on the topic and present themselves well on camera.
2. Hang out with us live on set. Students are invited to come hang out with the team as part of our audience when we go live. For exact times and places of our summer broadcasts check our events tab or follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
3. Comment and share your thoughts during or after the show. Students can comment live and share thoughts while the show is on or do it after the show is posted to Facebook and YouTube. Either way, their voice will be heard!
High School students and graduates can explore their gifts and passions while developing urban areas in Austin as a Catalyst Intern. Our intern team is a close community that works hard, plays hard and dreams big. This group also plays the most critical role in leading and shaping the future of Catalyst! As a team member you will find a number of different ways to develop and exercise your talents through marketing, media, music, event planning, executive leadership, community outreach, mentoring, teaching and so much more. The best part is that as an intern you can shape your own schedule while attending college and/or holding part time jobs. You don't have to wait to earn a degree before you start getting real experience in the areas you are most passionate about!